101 To Do's: 60 - Determine your ceremony music selections and send the list to your ceremony musicians!
Where do you start? This is pretty easy. Your music that day is just a reflection of you and your spouse's style and tastes. So choose selections or songs that you love. A note though, think about the venue for your ceremony. For example, some churches may have restrictions on the type of music played. Also, it's a good idea to match your music to the formality of the wedding.
When putting together your music selections, think about these 6 sections of the ceremony where music may be played. Remember though, every wedding is unique so your ceremony may not consist of all of these.
1. Prelude - The period before the ceremony actually starts. Guests are walking in, signing your guest book or another alternative, and being seated.
2. Procession - When you and your attendants make your grand entrance. Usually there is different music for each set of attendants and yours. Here is an example of the order:
Bride's Mother~Groom's Parents~Groomsmen~Best Man~Groom~Officiant~
Bridesmaids~Maid or Matron of Honor~Ring Bearer~Flower Girl~Bride with escort
3. Ceremony Fillers - These are selections, like soloists, that provide entertainment during the ceremony.
4. Signing of the Marriage Certificate - In some cultures, the marriage certificate is signed by the couple during the ceremony. At this time there is usually a music selection.
5. Recession - The exact opposite of the procession. This is when you and your spouse and attendants walk out of the ceremony space. It usually takes on the reverse order. For example, you and your spouse leave first, followed by the attendants.
6. Postlude - Music after the ceremony has ended. It's great to keep the music going after the ceremony. After all you are still in celebration mode! Right after the ceremony guests may linger to greet you and your spouse (if you're having a receiving line) or to sign your guest list if they didn't have a chance to do so before the ceremony.
Download your free copy of the complete checklist here!
💜Love our content and would like to support? Make a donation here. I appreciate you!💜
Author - Meet Katurah Susan
Welcome! Hi, I'm a native of the Bahamas, but Georgia based owner of Registry Bridges. I'm a lover of jewelry/accessories, attending and planning events and living life to the fullest! Thanks for stopping by.